After a 26-hour bus ride from the craziness of Vietnam, Laos was a warm and charming relief. While I was only able to spend about 10 days in this beautiful country, it quickly became one of my favorites. Like Vietnam, the landscape is epically dramatic, green and wonderful. It’s a bit less traveled and touristy than its neighbors, but still has many amazing sights that made our short time there memorable.
1. Hiking to the top of Mount Phousi in Luang Prabang
2. Sunset from the top of Mount Phousi, Luang Prabang
The viewpoint from the top tends to get a bit crowded, but it’s an easy ascent and worth it to see this gorgeousness!
3. The famous Kuang Si Waterfalls outside Luang Prabang
This place literally looks like a fairy tale!
4. Kuang Si again AKA Heaven on Earth
5. At the top of Kuang Si Waterfalls (last one, I swear)
6. Vang Vieng Motorbiking Views
7. Organic Farm in Vang Vieng
Try the mulberry smoothie!
8. More epic views in Vang Vieng
(View from Vieng Tara Villa.)
And then we motorbiked through the Bolaven Plateau (that means more waterfalls)
9. Tad Champi where we enjoyed the water without a single other person in sight!
10. Tad Yuang at the Bolaven Plateau
One of the tallest waterfalls in the area!
11. Tad Hang, which had the best swimming spots!
Poor Nate and his sunburn (no, he’s not wearing a white shirt :P)
12. & 13. Tad Phasouam
This was my personal favorite, and the last that we visited!
Hopefully I’ve convinced some of you to visit Laos because this beautiful country definitely belongs on your bucket list!