We could only fit one week of Cambodia into our itinerary, which was a shame because this country is pretty remarkable. From its ancient temples to its tragic past, Cambodia is rich with culture, beauty and history. From the two cities I visited, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, these are my favorite shots I was able to capture:
1. Bayon, my favorite temple in Angkor
2. A few out of the 216 faces of Bayon temple
3. The Royal Palace in Phnom Penh
4. Nature taking over the temples of Angkor
5. Pre Rup temple
6. The Killing Fields
The Killing Fields were where over 1 million Cambodians were executed by the Khmer Rouge regime. They kept pits like this to stack bodies – this one in particular was for people that were beheaded. Visitors leave bracelets in honor of those who died just 40 years ago.
7. Gorgeous details on these ancient temples
8. Monks-in-training (with their smart phones)
9. Exploring the twisting passageways of the Angkor temples
10. The famous Angkor Wat
11. Angkor Wat from above
12. More beautiful details in the temple walls
13. Ta Phrom temple, where Tomb Raider was filmed
Stay up to date with First For Everything by following on Facebook!